Why isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows 10 PC (Desktop)
Why isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows 10 PC: Learn why Cortana is not available on your Windows 10 device and find out how to get her to work on your Windows 10 computer.
Cortana will not be available on your Windows 10 system, when you are in a unsupported region or use an unsupported language. Cortana will be the speech assistant that provide the Windows 10 operating system. She is created to enable speech communication right from the search bar. However, the Cortana assistant is just not yet supported to all regions and everything languages. Therefore, she will not be available on all Windows 10 PCs. In this post, you can find out tips on how to enable Cortana in Windows 10.
- Where Cortana is supported.
- How it is easy to turn on Cortana in Windows 10, wherever that you are.
Where is Cortana officially supported?
Cortana is completely supported from the regions and languages below. As new regions and language are added, Microsoft updates their official information about where they support Cortana.
- Australia: English.
- United Kingdom: English.
- United States: English.
- India: English.
- Canada: English/French.
- France: French.
- Mexico: Spanish.
- Spain: Spanish.
- Brazil: Portuguese.
- Germany: German.
- Italy: Italian.
- Japan: Japanese.
- China: Chinese.
The Cortana assistant is instantly available to apply from your previously listed languages and locations. However, when you are located elsewhere, or having a different language to your operating system, Cortana is not but available. The good thing is that the is not to mean that you can’t have it to work, you’ll simply have to change the language and your location.
How to enable Cortana
It is easy to enable Cortana on any Windows 10 machine, but you will first want to change the Windows settings to one in the supported regions/languages.
- Left-click on Start.
- Left-click on your Settings button.
- Choose the Time & Language button.
- Left-click on Region from the left panel.
- Choose one in the supported countries on the list above these instructions.
- Select the recommended language which fits your best country for that Regional format.
- Left-click on Language in your left panel.
- From the Windows display language field, select the same language that will your selections in the last steps.
- Under Preferred languages, select Add a preferred language and add some language that will your previous selections.
- Finally, select Speech from the left panel.
- Select the language that will your previous options.
- Make sure the checkbox for Recognize non-native accents with this language is enabled.
After you have looked after all of these steps, all you need to do is wait for an language pack to download and install. And then, easily reboot the computer and Cortana will automatically begin working. You should remember that all the language, region and speech settings need to match. This means that the speech assistant activates. If you want some help troubleshooting, many times the answer on Windows 10 official forums. Be sure to follow most of any other information.
Note: Changing regions may affect your apps
Before you make any changes, you have to be conscious that changing your region and/or language can affect specific apps. Check whether all the apps that you are currently using are supported in those regions and using that language. Also, many times you will have difficulties purchasing apps because selected region’s Windows Store. If you have trouble, turn back in your original region, language and speech settings by repeating these steps, and make track of the official list of supported regions and languages – it is possible to use Cortana without problems when Microsoft supports these!